You may be wondering why I, a fat black chick, spend time championing the cause of (mostly) rich white women who choose to have plastic surgery. It’s not because I disagree with the point that the choice to alter your body surgically can be informed by internalization of societal beauty standards. It’s also not because [...]
Anti-choice activists scored big on Tuesday when the Oklahoma Legislature voted to override the OK governor’s veto on two abortion bills. One of the bills is particularly blatant in its ploy to shame women into not choosing an abortion — it requires women to have an ultrasound, be shown the extremities, heart and organs of [...]
[This article previously appeared on the other blog I contribute to, I Fry Mine in Butter] Lately, the definition of the word “feminist” has become somewhat vague. With so many women fleeing from the term, whether because they don’t feel represented by it or because they fear its perceived negative connotations, the relevance of referring [...]
If the profile featured in The September Issue of Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of Vogue, is supposed to frame her as a cold-hearted, semi-sadistic bitch similar to the character Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, it doesn’t do a very good job. In fact, I found myself admiring and even liking Ms. Wintour. She is [...]
Something is lacking in the current push to include plus-size models in mainstream fashion publications (or “separate-but-equal” media outlets such as Vogue Italia’s “Vogue Curvy”). What’s lacking, specifically in the fashion establishment but less so in the satellite world of “fatshion” blogging, is representation of models/women of color. I want to speak specifically about black [...]
I want to touch on something that’s been bothering me about the new fat acceptance movement (and I say new because I and others have been talking about this shit since the 90s): conformity. Some people seem to think that being honest about their feelings regarding their body is a no-no. Part of accepting yourself [...]
Well, I made it out of my surgery alive but pretty sore and bruised. Seriously, y’all, it feels like someone went toe-to-toe with my abdomen and my abdomen lost big time. So I’m on pain medication at the moment, which will hopefully not totally prevent me from being able to do all the writing I [...]
About the Fat Girl
Tasha Fierce writes things.
- Plump Polish: Get Me All Over Your Fingers May 1, 2013
- Listen To Me Talk Sexy to You February 8, 2013
- The Only Skins You Ever Hit Was the Skins on Your Right Hand January 28, 2013
- This Motion Has Got Me Wet Like Crazy: 90s Slow Jams November 23, 2012
- The Intersection of Greatness and Race, or Why The Hell is NBC Such a Dick to Our Own Athletes? August 3, 2012
- As Fat As I Wanna Be May 8, 2010
- My Fat, Your Issues May 15, 2010
- Being Black In Washington State June 21, 2010
- When Fat Chicks Give Better Head May 23, 2011
- Killing the Muse July 28, 2010
- torrencedavis: We had a conversation about this because my friend...
- @iamkingcarla (est. 1983): [...] Fierce, Sex and the Fat Girl (via [...]...
- Christine H.: I remember being a teenager and my girlfriends and...
- marybaum: After a number of years of thinking I needed three...
- usedtobeavegetarian: Tasha Fierce, you are so great!...
Follow @misstashafierce on Twitter