Well, fats and nonfats, it’s time for me to get my fat ass on a horse somehow and ride into the sunset. I hope you enjoyed this blog, or at least learned something from it. It would be great if you now have a better understanding of fat acceptance/size acceptance and how to treat fat […]
The time has come for me to wrap up my gig blogging about representations of fat in pop culture at Bitch Magazine, and I find myself reflecting on what I personally am taking away from the series. I went into the job with high hopes, thinking I was going to be able to really analyze […]
Sorry, y’all, but this blog has got two posts left! So you’re not rid of me yet. I wanted to explore a subject related to FA that Alyx brought up in the comments on the last post—how do we determine what isn’t fat? Where do we draw the line? And what exactly does “average” mean? […]
Since we’re nearing the end of this blog, I thought now would be a good time to answer a question several readers have asked and basically summarize some of the lessons I hope you’ve taken away from our time together here. These are just starting points—I would suggest you do some further reading about thin […]
Happy Monday! I wanted to offer something a little light-hearted to start off the week, so I decided to dedicate this post to a few fierce fat female recording artists that have rocked my world and provided a counterpoint to how fat women are viewed in society. These women are all in control of their […]
For ELLE magazine’s 25th anniversary issue, they featured four different 25-year-old actresses on four different covers of the magazine. One of those actresses is Gabby Sidibe. This choice naturally brought out the fatphobes decrying her health and questioning her level of attractiveness before the cover even came out. Now that it’s dropped, well, there’s a […]
Celebrities who have the “misfortune” of gaining a few pounds usually find pictures of themselves looking “fat” on the cover of a tabloid rag at some point. Americans, at least, seem to derive pleasure from this, as if gaining weight is some kind of comeuppance for celebrities, knocking them off their pedestal and showing the […]
We’ve spent time discussing the media’s portrayals of fat people and society at large’s reactions to such portrayals, now let’s get meta and talk about your reactions to portrayals of fat people in the media. Specifically the reaction to my last post about Donna Simpson and her fantasy of gaining 300-odd pounds. It appears there’s […]
Continuing the conversation about respecting and accepting fatness as a choice, I thought I’d examine some of the reaction to a recent sensationalist news story about a fat woman in New Jersey named Donna Simpson, who expressed her fantasy of adding 386 lbs. to her current 604 pound weight in order to be named in […]
There is a clear dichotomy when it comes to fat people. One the one hard, we have the virtuously fat, who by no fault of their own are fated to live life in a fat body due to disease, genetics, or bad luck of the draw. On the other hand we have the fat people […]
About the Fat Girl
Tasha Fierce writes things.
- Plump Polish: Get Me All Over Your Fingers May 1, 2013
- Listen To Me Talk Sexy to You February 8, 2013
- The Only Skins You Ever Hit Was the Skins on Your Right Hand January 28, 2013
- This Motion Has Got Me Wet Like Crazy: 90s Slow Jams November 23, 2012
- The Intersection of Greatness and Race, or Why The Hell is NBC Such a Dick to Our Own Athletes? August 3, 2012
- As Fat As I Wanna Be May 8, 2010
- My Fat, Your Issues May 15, 2010
- Being Black In Washington State June 21, 2010
- When Fat Chicks Give Better Head May 23, 2011
- Killing the Muse July 28, 2010
- Paul: Hey girls,I must say I'm not sure why everyone is...
- Adrienne: #Preach...
- DumbaNiqua Fortlowe: The more the merrier !!!! Line them up and I iwll ...
- The Health Conundrum. | Adipose Activist: [...] to realize that Fat Activism has its very ow...
- Andrew Ulrich: I find this rant extremely ironic because almost e...
Follow @misstashafierce on Twitter