When I was a kid I would watch the winter and summer Olympics with rapt attention every 4 years, religiously. Then I got married and stopped, I think because my ex-husband wasn’t into sports so I had no one to watch it with, or maybe I decided I was too cool for the Olympics now […]
Archive | Color LinesRSS feed for this section
At the Crunk Feminist Collective last week, writers Moya B. and Summer M. started a dialogue of sorts on colorism — specifically light skin privilege. That post got thrown a bit of shade by some commenters, so they responded to the ruckus with a follow up post fleshing out the topic a bit more. As […]
The awesome site/org Zora & Alice are holding their first event! Check out the flyer for more details: All y’all New York peeps should go check it out if you can! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming — a whole lot of static cause my ass needs to update.
There are a few things I find funny about the way people think about “mulattoes”, which for our purposes will be defined in the classical way: a person of white and black parentage. One is, to a lot of white people mulattoes are usually black until they do something important. Then they’re “biracial” — and […]
Well, Andrew Breitbart, smearing Shirley Sherrod in order to refute the NAACP’s resolution against “racist elements” in the Tea Party turned out to be a pretty bad idea. Yes, you cost her her job, but she’s making black people look good. It’s too bad you’re not like, a journalist, or something, and did some digging […]
[Cross-posted from Feministe] Fox News dropped this bombshell in the early hours of July 20 (or the late night of July 19, as it is for me). Apparently someone was able to dig up a video of a black USDA worker telling an audience of other black people about having to help a white farmer […]
Why I continue to follow links relating to the Tea Party and whatever problematic tripe they’re spewing on that particular day, I don’t know. I only have a certain amount of anxiety medication allotted each month and I can’t afford to waste it. When I saw that the NAACP called the Tea Party a bunch […]
[UPDATE: I have decided not to submit to Seal Press. I'm leaving this up, but feel free to not answer the question since it's already been answered.] In working on the anthology I’m editing/contributing to, Occupied Bodies: Women of Color Speak on Self-Image, an issue has come up over whether or not I should include […]
The ongoing quest of the French government to preserve their country’s “secular traditions” came to the fore once again Tuesday when the lower house of France’s parliament voted to ban women from wearing any face-covering veil, such as the infamous burqa or the less “extreme” niqab — a move obviously targeting French Muslim women, of […]
This “family feud” has been mentioned in blog post after blog post, so I’ll keep the history short. Big “feminist” site Jezebel posts about female comedy writers not being represented in the staffing of The Daily Show. Big “feminist” site XX Factor posts about how hypocritical it is for Jezebel to post something controversial to […]
About the Fat Girl
Tasha Fierce writes things.
- Plump Polish: Get Me All Over Your Fingers May 1, 2013
- Listen To Me Talk Sexy to You February 8, 2013
- The Only Skins You Ever Hit Was the Skins on Your Right Hand January 28, 2013
- This Motion Has Got Me Wet Like Crazy: 90s Slow Jams November 23, 2012
- The Intersection of Greatness and Race, or Why The Hell is NBC Such a Dick to Our Own Athletes? August 3, 2012
- As Fat As I Wanna Be May 8, 2010
- My Fat, Your Issues May 15, 2010
- Being Black In Washington State June 21, 2010
- When Fat Chicks Give Better Head May 23, 2011
- Killing the Muse July 28, 2010
- Paul: Hey girls,I must say I'm not sure why everyone is...
- Adrienne: #Preach...
- DumbaNiqua Fortlowe: The more the merrier !!!! Line them up and I iwll ...
- The Health Conundrum. | Adipose Activist: [...] to realize that Fat Activism has its very ow...
- Andrew Ulrich: I find this rant extremely ironic because almost e...
Follow @misstashafierce on Twitter